Honor Harrington Scenario One - Bishops Take Rook
People's Republic of Haven Briefing
Provisional Task Group
General Overview and Orders
Of all the luck! Brand new Flagship, brand new squadron, a week of
harried workups, and the speed run from Haven to try and get to
Trevor's Star before White Haven's offensive opened. McQueen being
reassigned dimmed your hopes of a win, but at least you could bleed the
RMN this time.
But then one of the Sultan's in your escort mistimed the re-entry from
Hyperspace, and you almost had that disaster of disasters; wedge collison.
Even though you're driving a BB, bad things happen.
In this case, both ships managed to do a crash shutdown in time. Except,
(damned yard flaw), the crash shutdown set up a nice feedback loop,
blowing systems across the board.
So now, you're in a crippled BB, with three BCs around trying to give you
some privacy. And THEN you detect a bunch of wedges coming in from the hyper
limit, without Havenite IFF codes. It's obviously a hopeless engagement; the
best thing to do is run.
What a day!
Order of Battle, Provisional Task Group, Havenite Navy
PNS Tremendous, Thunderer Class BB, (flag)
PNS Abu Bek, Sultan Class BC
PNS Omar, Sultan Class BC
PNS Fatima, Sultan Class BC
Unknown. The wedges seem to indicate nothing heavier than a Battlecruiser,
but given Mantie technological edges, there could be something hiding
This battle is occuring near the hyper limit, giving you a chance to
The three BCs were providing assistance; thus they are all within 1" of
Tremendous, and all with zero speed relative to the hyper limit.
The following special rules apply:
- Havenite Morale has improved to the point that ships will strike only
at one + threshold rolls. (e.g. if the threshold roll is 5,6, the ship will
strike on a 6.)
- The BB Tremendous is heavily damaged. In particular:
- No wedge (hence no sidewalls!) (Sidewalls are intact, though)
- No gravitic sensors
- No global fire control
- Energy weapons are off-line (Couplings, not actual weapons. Repair
four couplings, for the four firing arcs of the ship.)
- Three reactors are running, some systems are shutdown. (Your decision.)
Victory Points Awarded
The Havenite Navy receives points as follows:
- Full Cost of any enemy ship destroyed
- 3/4 Cost of any enemy ship damaged or that surrenders
- Double Cost of any enemy ship captured
- LOSE 3/4 cost of any surrendered ship that is destroyed by Havenite fire
- Double Cost of any friendly ship that escapes across the hyper limit.
Go see the General Overview of this scenario.
Go see the Full Thrust Honor Harrington
Go see the
Starship Jockeys Home Page.
Thu Nov 26 16:32:55 EST 1998